When someone passes away, Probate is obtained by the executor of the deceased’s Will (or administrator if someone passes without a Will), to manage the financial, legal and personal affairs of the estate.  This is done by obtaining an order from the Probate Office of the Supreme Court (in Victoria).

In some cases, Probate may not be needed.  This depends upon the make up of the estate.  If you’re an executor of a Will, or the next of kin of someone who has passed without a Will, please contact our Wills and Estates expert to discuss what is appropriate in your circumstances and how we can assist in managing the estate of your loved one.