Owners Corporations & Strata
Tisher Liner FC Law advises Owners Corporations for apartment buildings throughout Victoria. We provide quality and practical legal advice to Owners Corporations and their Committees on an ongoing basis to assist with compliance and reduce the likelihood of future disputes.
Tisher Liner FC Law has experience in the following Owners Corporation matters:
- Representation in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) Owners Corporations List regarding all issues affecting Owners Corporation including:
- Enforcing Owners Corporation Rules;
- Testing the meaning or validity of Owners Corporation Rules;
- Obtain orders that lot owners comply with their legal obligations;
- Compliance with statutory procedures for making decisions and validity of decisions;
- Defending applications by lot owners and occupiers;
- Advice on the merits of prosecuting and defending legal proceedings involving Owners Corporations generally;
- Quick, efficient and cost-effective recovery of overdue Owners Corporation levies through VCAT;
- Advice on the legal duties of Owners Corporations, Committee Members and Managers;
- Advice on compliance with statutory procedures;
- Drafting legally enforceable and tailored Owners Corporation Rules;
- Advice on procedural requirements for implementing significant Owners Corporation decisions relating to expensive repair and maintenance or upgrade projects;
- Preparing licences and leases over common property;
- Advice on repair and maintenance costs being raised using the ‘substantial benefit’ principle;
- Preparing tailored service agreements such as building management, concierge services and maintenance contracts specific to Owners Corporations;
- Advice on approving changes to the legal boundaries on the plan of subdivision; and
- Converting older Company Title and Service Company properties into Owners Corporations.
Considering renovating your apartment? Have you checked you legally own it?
By Rachael Hammond
12 June 2018