Leasing & Lease Disputes
Tisher Liner FC Law has expertise in all aspects of leasing, acting for landlords and tenants involving commercial and retail leases.
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, our highly skilled lawyers can prepare both retail and non-retail leases and can advise on leasing disputes. We have extensive experience managing disputes and the complex litigation process at various levels. We have appeared at the Small Business Commissioner and the Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal (VCAT) successfully on behalf of clients. Our team of lawyers focus on making the process as seamless as possible.
If you are a landlord or tenant, or find your in a lease dispute, please contact our team for advice and guidance.
In particular, we have extensive experience in:
- Leases (Commercial, Retail, Industrial and Licensed Premises);
- Shopping Centre Leases;
- Disclosure statements;
- Preparing agreements for lease;
- Assignments and Transfers of lease;
- Subleases and licence agreements;
- Advice on leasing disputes;
- Small Business Commissioner mediations and Retail Leases Act VCAT matters;
- Liquor and Gaming Licensing;
- Preparing cases opposing an application before Liquor Licensing Victoria; and
- Dealing with objections to licences.
Retail Lease Disputes: what happens when tenants default
By Rob Oxley
30 October 2018
Landlords Beware – Industrial and Warehouse premises can constitute Retail premises
By Jeremy Quah
2 August 2017
Changes to the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act for Property Owners & Landlords
By Michael Fetter
5 July 2017
Should Landlords Add a Special Condition into Residential Tenancy Agreements to Prohibit Tenants from ‘Licensing’ Apartments on Airbnb?
By Nicole Wilde
12 April 2016