Justine Clark is an experienced and formidable family lawyer, and an accredited family law specialist.
Trained by Michael Taussig QC, after working as a legal associate to His Honour Justice Hugh Fraser QC of the Queensland Court of Appeal, then to the Honourable Peter Young QC and the Honourable Paul Cronin of the Family Court of Australia, Melbourne, she is highly skilled in running complex family law matters, has an extensive and precise understanding of all aspects of family law and the operation of the Family Law Courts.
Justine provides considered, strategic, and commercial advice to her clients to negotiate, or litigate, the resolution of their family law matters.
Her practice covers all manner of property settlements (modest to high net worth), financial agreements, child support, parenting disputes, de-facto and same-sex relationships / marriages, and advice in relation to parentage.
Please see our Family Law podcast “Family Law with Justine Clark” here http://tlfc.com.au/family-law-podcast/.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Financial matters (property settlements, maintenance and child support)
- Complex financial (property) / high net worth matters
- Financial (property) matters involving companies, trusts, SMSFs, businesses, taxation, disclosure and valuation issues
- Binding Financial Agreements (de facto cohabitation agreements, pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements)
- Child Support Agreements
- Parenting disputes and parentage matters (adoption, surrogacy and same sex and LGBTI families)
- International relocation (parenting) matters
Justine’s former clients’ have said:
“It’s a relief to have this process behind me. You listened, were thoughtful and strategic. Cool, calm and collected. I would not hesitate to recommend you to any of my friends.”
“At a time when I felt extremely exposed and vulnerable, you were always available to answer questions and queries, be supportive and formulate a plan to move forward.”
“You were able to think on your feet and outside the square, even adding details that I have only realised later, are to my advantage going forward.”
Justine is a member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia, the Law Institute of Victoria (and is a member of the LIV Family Law Accreditation Committee, the Property and Maintenance Committee and the Courts Practice Committee), and the LGBT Family Law Institute. She is a Law Institute of Victoria, Accredited Family Law Specialist.
Justine presents frequently at Continuing Professional Education events for Family Lawyers on various family law topics, in particular on Binding Financial Agreements.
Outside of work, Justine enjoys travel, photography, and spending time with her family and their two springer spaniels.
To download our family law flyer on separation and divorce, please click here.
So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune
Qualifications & Industry Memberships
- First Class Honours in Law and Arts (Politics)
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the LIV Family Law Accreditation Committee
- Member of the Property and Maintenance Committee
- Member of the LGBT Family Law Institute