All businesses have some sort of intellectual property ("IP") they must protect. The goodwill of a business is attached to its name and/or trade mark, so it is important for businesses to adequately protect their IP, particularly their brand and any associated trade marks (such as their logo, name and taglines).
As Accredited Business Law Specialists, Tisher Liner FC Law assist clients with:
- Intellectual Property Rights. Whether it is putting in place a licensing or distribution system or stopping a competitor from stealing your brand, we have experience in all aspects of intellectual property matters;
- Trade Marks – Australia and Madrid Protocol. Applying for trade marks, defending trade mark opposition proceedings and opposing registration of a competitors mark;
- Copyright. We assist clients in knowing their rights and helping them protect their work;
- Confidentiality Agreements. Whether you are going to sell your business or enter into a commercial arrangement, it is important that you protect your business knowledge and confidential information. Don’t reveal anything to another party until you have an appropriate agreement in place to protect your business secrets; and
- Websites and Apps. We have advised numerous clients on developing policies to deal with privacy, trading terms and user licensing. Making an app is hard enough, let us worry about the legal stuff.
Dude, Where’s my Business? High Court Delivers Warning to Employees and Competitors who engage in Dishonest Conduct to Get Ahead in the Game
By Simon Abraham
16 November 2018