Tisher Liner FC Law is one of the leading property law teams in Victoria. Led by two Accredited Property Law specialists, the team comprises expert property lawyers and conveyancers with a wealth of knowledge.
TLFC has acted, and continues to act for clients in numerous landmark developments from inception to completion. There is no property matter that we have not handled.
We have significant experience in acting for developers and assist developers with:
- Purchase agreements and options for purchase of land including due diligence services;
- Planning matters at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal;
- Structuring advice and preparing and reviewing development structure documents such as joint ventures, partnerships, shareholder and unitholder agreements;
- Senior debt, mezzanine and second mortgage funding;
- Preparation of master contracts and conveyancing of sale of lots in developments;
- Preparation of contracts with multiple owners selling multiple parcels in one lot to a developer;
- Property disputes;
- Adverse possession and title issues;
- Creation and variation of easements and restrictive covenants;
- Section 173 agreements;
- FIRB Issues;
- Land tax and stamp duty issues;
- Owners corporation issues;
- Agreement for leases and leases;
- Licences of common property.
- We deal with developers with 2 lot subdivisions to apartment buildings with 700+ lots, greenfield sites and estate development.
We also have extensive experience in preparing and reviewing agreements and structuring development opportunities in developments such as:
- Caretaking agreements;
- Facility management agreements;
- Owners corporation manager appointments and authorities;
- Sale of management rights and compliance with developers obligations in light of the Community Association DP 270180 v Arrow Asset Management Pty Ltd  NSWSC 527 case;
- Sale of rent rolls;
- Exclusive letting rights;
- Exclusive management rights;
- Embedded network rights for electricity, gas, hot water and solar power including installation, management and operation;
- Agreements with utility and service providers;
- NBN infrastructure agreements;
- Licensing of storage cages, car parks, courtyards, office space, compressors and other services;
- Retail and commercial leases;
- Creation of owners corporation rules;
- Rooming house operations;
- Serviced apartment operators;
- Retirement villages;
- Caravan Parks;
- Shopping centres;
- Child care facilities.
A number of our principals sit on property law committees. This ensures our team remains up to date with the frequent changes to the law, so that we can pre-empt industry shifts or developments our clients may encounter.
Tisher Liner FC Law also has a leading owners corporation division. For details of the services we provide owners corporations and their managers click here.
Landlords Beware – Industrial and Warehouse premises can constitute Retail premises
By Jeremy Quah
2 August 2017