Nicole specialises in Owners Corporations law. She understands the unique nature of strata living and disputes.
Nicole Wilde aims to achieve workable outcomes for her Owners Corporation clients that reflect the often ongoing shared ownership context of Owners Corporation disputes.
Nicole is highly respected as a leader in the area of Owners Corporation law. She is a regular contributor to various Strata publications and guest speaker at industry events.
As a litigator, former Crown Solicitor and Regulatory Prosecutor, Nicole’s strengths include quickly identifying her client’s issues and providing advice in plain, easy-to-understand language. Nicole is a strong and practical litigator who consistently achieves results for her clients whilst providing accessible and personal service.
Current Key Cases
- WADE v THE OWNERS – UNITS PLAN NO 1754 (Unit Titles)  ACAT 87 (11 September 2018) Read Case.
- Successfully defended an Owners Corporation against lot owner claim involving alleged breach of duty to repair and maintain common property. Read Case;
- Successful defence of a penthouse lot owner against Owners Corporation claim based on alleged unauthorised alteration to the common property. Read Case;
- Successfully defended an Owners Corporation in the A.C.T against unit owner claim. Read Case.
Note the following submissions have been published by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- Consultation Questions and Answers for Owners Corporations and Strata Bodies. Click here to download PDF.
- Consumer Property Law Review Issues Paper: Owners Corporations. Click here to download PDF.
Nicole Wilde’s Experience
- Acting for an Owners Corporation for large residential high-rises in Supreme Court proceedings against a plumber’s insurer for defective hydraulic work;
- Defending Owners Corporations in VCAT and Courts against claims by lot owners, service providers, utility providers, and neighbours;
- Prosecuting claims on behalf of Owners Corporations against Owners Corporation managers to terminate contracts and recover monies;
- Preparing high quality and customised leases, licences and deeds of agreement.
The remedy to counterfactual thinking involves a little patience, a little charm and a lot of knowledge
Important Alert: The new Owners Corporations Regulations 2018 (Vic) come into effect on 2 December 2018.
By Nicole Wilde
11 October 2018