Kate was admitted to legal practice in 2017 and has practiced exclusively as part of the Family Law Department at Tisher Liner FC Law since.
Kate is passionate about assisting her clients to navigate the complex legal and emotional landscape that often presents itself following the breakdown of a relationship.
Before her admission, Kate volunteered her time at the Family and Federal Circuit Courts, a domestic violence shelter and a food-sharing organisation. She has held administrative roles across a number of legal fields and worked as a Family Law Paralegal in her final year of study.
Since joining TLFC, Kate has worked alongside the senior members of her team in a broad range of Family Law matters. Some of the highlights of Kate’s career so far have included:-
- Drafting complex property orders to effect the transfer of assets from a self-managed super fund with the assistance of specialist accounting advice to minimise the potential of any negative taxation implications arising as a result of the transfer;
- Acting on behalf of a party residing abroad in relation to competing applications as to which was the most appropriate forum to hear and determine a parenting dispute;
- Assisting clients to formalise the agreements that they have reached with their former partner, whether directly or via alternative dispute resolution, by way of Applications for Consent Orders, Binding Child Support Agreements and Financial Agreements.
Outside of work, Kate loves spending time with her family and friends, particularly over a good meal and a glass of wine. She enjoys running with her dog Ziggy, a good DIY project and playing a weekly game of social basketball with her oldest friends.
Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
Qualifications & Industry Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne (2012)
- Juris Doctor, University of Melbourne (2016)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law (2017)
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria