Jonathan Tisher is well regarded within the Victorian property legal industry. He acts for some of the largest property developers in Victoria and has carried out the legal work on a number of significant landmark buildings within the State.
Jonathan Tisher has been recognised on the Best Lawyers List for 2019/2020 in the category of Real Property Law. Find the full list here.
Renowned for his expertise, Jonathan sits on numerous committees and regularly presents to various legal and professional bodies. Jonathan practices in property, leasing, town planning and commercial law. He oversees a variety of property matters (off the plan and standard) including residential, commercial and industrial matters. This portfolio includes a range of significant developments within Victoria. He has also been involved in numerous adverse possession claims and has an extensive knowledge of this area of law.
Jonathan is pragmatic and personable, and believes it is integral to meet and get to know his clients in order to best understand their issues. Coming from a family of professionals, Jonathan is not afraid of hard work and has established a reputation for being responsive, thorough and commercial. Congruently, his upbringing has also instilled within him the importance of living a balanced life. He is the vice president of the school which his children attend and he understands the importance of giving back to the community.
In his time away from work, Jonathan loves family time, travel, AFL and skiing.
Success is no accident. It is hard work, experience, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do
Qualifications & Industry Memberships
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University
- Graduate Certificate in Management, Monash University
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of Australian Property Law Group (Victoria Committee)
- Member of Tax Institute – State Taxes Committee
- Co-Chair of the Property Law & Commercial Tenancy Specialist Committee
- Young Property Lawyer of the Year Award (Victoria), Law Institute of Victoria, 2006
- Accredited Property Law Specialist, Law Institute of Victoria, 2009
- Member of the Australian Property Law Group, Law Council of Australia’s Legal Practice Section
- Selected for Real Property Law, Best Lawyers List 2019/2020