Harriet draws on the firm footing of her experience in construction, commercial litigation and charities law to add her expertise to TLFC.
Harriet is passionate about the law and in particular about the construction, start ups and charities areas. Harriet has acted for developers, government, major mining companies and builders across three states: WA, NSW and Victoria. Harriet has been involved in many reported decisions involving the Security of Payments legislative regimes across New South Wales, ACT and Victoria. Harriet has also acted for the Receivers and Managers of a major Nickel mine achieving settlements for defective construction works.
Graduating with a Law/Arts degree from the University of Western Australia, Harriet applied her learning in the challenging legal contexts of Native Title and Aboriginal law in her early years in the law establishing a legal assistance centre at her university.
Predating Tisher Liner, Harriet worked in Perth and Sydney with a couple of Australia’s top 10 legal practices. Harriet was regularly involved in various large leasing, construction, commercial litigation and commercial law projects.
Harriet regularly presents on topics of her expertise and has lectured in litigation procedure and professional ethics at the University of Western Australia and the University of New South Wales.
She has also held board positions on a variety of not for profit organisations for over 20 years, currently assisting Chabad Institutions of Victoria Ltd and the Bendigo Bank Community Bank (Caulfield Park Branch).
Recently Harriet has been a regular speaker about servicing the legal needs of start ups, change and innovation in the legal industry and has spoken at the Lexis Nexis Innovation Panel and at the Australian Legal Practice Managers Association annual retreat.
Major transactions and projects
- Acted for a major mining company with regard to defective equipment on a salt mine;
- Acted for a major building company for a number of Security of Payment matters;
- Regularly acts for developers often in the context of apartment construction issues;
- Acts for homeowners in NCAT and VCAT matters;
- Assists Israeli and other international companies to understand the Australian market and commercial conditions;
- Worked with a successful Australian start up through numerous rounds of capital raising including an acquisition of 60% of the company;
- Advised one of Australia’s largest hairdressing retailers on business succession planning and structuring;
- Assisted an Embassy in achieving a 40% increase on return on its Australian investments;
- Represented one of the largest international agricultural companies in a litigation matter;
- Achieved tax deductible gift recipient status recognition for an international first aid provider;
- Regularly advises not for profits and charities in establishing governance structures and tax deductibility.
Who is wise? One who learns from every person.
Qualifications & Industry Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy major), University of Western Australia
- Member Law Institute of Victoria
- Member Charity Lawyers Association of Australia and New Zealand (CLAANZ)
- Member Australian Jewish Foundation
- Fluent in Portuguese