Alan Goldstone OAM
Alan is a longstanding key leader of the firm. Known to be hands-on and efficient, Alan is a highly experienced commercial lawyer, who encompasses excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills and is committed to producing the best outcomes for his clients.
Alan Goldstone practises predominantly in the commercial world and is a specialist in business sales and acquisitions, liquor licensing, leasing and property law matters. His clients include a diverse group of commercial organisations from Public Companies to family run businesses. Alan’s methodical approach and manner have resulted in him being a sounding board for many of the Firm’s clients.
Alan was awarded the Order of Australia for his service to Jewish education and the law. Alan is also communally active and is a former President of Bialik College. He has a keen interest in all sports and is an avid golfer, walker and scuba diver and loves spending time with family.
Co-Chair, Australian Council of Jewish Schools, since 2008.
Law Institute of Victoria:
Member of a range of committees since 1985 including the Property and Environmental Law Committee, since 2005;
Involved in giving lectures, making submission to government and organising conferences.
Partner, Tisher Liner FC Law, since 1979.
Bialik College Council:
Senior Council Member, since 2009. President, 2002 – 2009;
Vice President, 1985 – 2002. Member, since 1985.
Awards and Recognition:
Recipient, Order of Australia, general division, 2018;
Recipient, Certificate of Service, Law Institute of Victoria, 2011;
Recipient, Community Recognition Award, Jewish Community Council of Victoria, 2010.
Qualifications & Industry Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws, Melbourne University
- Founding Member, Law Institute of Victoria Liquor Law Committee
- Former Chairman, Law Institute of Victoria Liquor Law Committee
- Former Chairman and current member, Law Institute of Victoria Property and Environmental Committee, 2011-12
- Award Recipient, ‘Outstanding Contribution to the LIV and the legal profession’, Law Institute of Victoria, 2011
- Award Recipient, Order of Australia Medal, General Divison, 2018